Who’s got two thumbs, speaks limited French, and hasn’t cried once today? This moi.


Credit
Yes I got this title from Liz Lemon :)


I've been a little confused about life lately to the point where I ate Dove dark chocolate squares in hopes that the wrappers would give me some sense of direction.  Didn't work.  "Do what feels right?" "Give a little love?"  Hmm perhaps... but not really the advice I'm looking for.


I definitely have been near tears too many times this month (read: overly emotional and super annoying). 2012 is bah. ugh. ew. so far.  But I'm tired of being stressed and cold and sad so I've decided to write a list of things that I'm thankful for.


1. the weather. Today was 30s and sunny... I wore converse today.


2. going to a school where it is not weird to stay in and do homework Friday night... or Saturday night... or pretty much every night in my case.  It gets crazy.


3. les amis. I don't have to worry about finding someone to watch tv, eat, drink, or discuss religious and philosophical musings (true story).  Although I still haven't found someone to watch The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo with me... anyone interested?


4. Chicago. Walking downtown is a real wakeup call that I'm not the center of the world. And that there is life outside the bubble of Northwestern.


5. The parentals. They are pretty great. And cute. And I miss them.


6. Taking 20 minutes every night to read. So what if I have a paper due in two days on a book I haven't read half of yet... I'm gonna give myself 20 minutes to read whatever I want.  I'm looking at you Margaret Atwood.


Dude, I got this.  Winter Quarter got nothin' on me.

1 comment:

mom said...

Thank you for reminding us to pause and make a list of what we are thankful for, especially when we are overwhelmed! You have a wonderful list--good friends, great school, engaging books, and what can I say, terrific parents! We miss you too.