Can I get a minute of not being nervous

I love this. One lady put up a wall where folks can write down what they want to accomplish before they die. It started in New Orleans and has been continuing in other cities and countries. I need to find the one in Chicago!

"It was an experiment and I didn’t know what to expect. By the next day, the wall was bursting with handwritten responses and it kept growing: Before I die I want to… sing for millions, hold her one more time, eat a salad with an alien, see my daughter graduate, abandon all insecurities, plant a tree, straddle the International Date Line, get clean, live off the grid, build a school, be someone’s cavalry, be completely myself…  People’s responses made me laugh out loud and they made me tear up. They consoled me during my toughest times. I understood my neighbors in new and enlightening ways, and the wall reminded me that I’m not alone as I try to make sense of my life."


Berlin


Chicago

Johannesburg

Brooklyn

Post title from Slow Show by The National.

No comments: