The in between bits

1.  Yesterday I watched Like Crazy for the second time and finished The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood... I would not recommend doing those two things on the same day. I was an emotional mess. You know that feeling you get when all you can do is lay in bed and listen to The Trapeze Swinger by Iron & Wine on repeat?  Oh wait... ugh why do I have so many feelings? 


The poem from Like Crazy:
I thought I understood it
That I could grasp it
But I didn’t, not really
I knew the smudgeness of it
The pink-slippered-all-containered-semi-precious eagerness of it
I didn’t realize it would sometimes be more than whole
The wholeness was a rather luxurious idea
Because its the halves that halve you in half
Didn’t know, don’t know about the in between bits
The gory bits of you
And gory bits of me 


2.  Alright enough with the feelings.  I really like this music video of We Found Love by Rihanna.  Please don't judge me.  This music video is actually really good... its like a condensed episode of Skins (and reminds me slightly of this music video).

No comments: