Musings

Well folks, I'm off to NY tomorrow morning, but I shall leave you with some of my favorite quotes. Enjoy!!!

Perhaps it is good to have a beautiful mind, but an even greater gift is to discover a beautiful heart.
-A Beautiful Mind

You shall love your crooked neighbor
With your crooked heart.
-WH Auden (As I walked out one evening)

So please, remember me finally
And all my uphill clawing
My dear, but if I make the pearly gates
I'll do my best to make a drawing
Of God and Lucifer, a boy and girl
An angel kissing on a sinner
A monkey and a man, a marching band
All around a frightened trapeze swinger
-Iron & Wine (The Trapeze Swinger)

Here I am, a bundle of past recollections and future dreams, knotted up in a reasonably attractive bundle of flesh.
-Sylvia Plath

Life is elsewhere, or else it is nowhere.
-Milan Kundera

Sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I'm not living.
-Jonathan Safran Foer (Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close)

If there is no love in the world, we will make a new world, and we will give it walls, and we will furnish it with soft red interiors, from the inside out, and give it a knocker that resonates like a diamond falling to a jeweller's felt so that we should never hear it.
Love me, because love doesn't exits and I have tried everything that does.
-Jonathan Safran Foer (Everything Is Illuminated)

I think and think and think, I've thought myself out of happiness one million times, but never once into it.
-Jonathan Safran Foer (Everything Is Illuminated)

Dean took out other pictures. I realized these were all the snapshots which our children would look at someday with wonder, thinking their parents had lived smooth, well ordered, stabilized within the photo lives and got up in the morning to walk proudly on the sidewalks of life, never dreaming the raggedy madness and riot of our actual lives, or actual night, the hell of it, the senseless nightmare road. All of it inside endless and beginningless emptiness. Pitiful forms of ignorance….
-Jack Kerouac (On the Road)

No comments: